Wednesday, 18 August 2010

No matter where I serve my guests . . .



This little lady is the first completed painting from the sketches that I did when I was away on holidays in July. I think she turned out really sweet.



As you know food and cooking are both things that are very dear to my heart. I like to think that when I cook for someone else I am sharing a big piece of my heart with them actually, and I hope that when they eat something I have prepared for them, they can feel the love that I have for them!




I was really pleased with how she turned out. She is available as a print or as a card. Just send me a message and I'll see what I can do for you! I can see her hanging in the kitchen somewhere! What do you think??

8 comments:

Naomi said...

I love your drawing. It looks very cute!!!

Merry said...

So wonderful and cute.

Katrina said...

That is darling.
A gal I know has a blog where she does paintings of anyone's logos, pictures, etc. on tile. Can be used as a decorative tile or even a trivet in your kitchen.
I just had her do one for my "Baking and Boys". You can check her blog out if you'd like. I just saw your picture and thought of that. (Then again, you can probably do them yourself with your talent!)
Her blog is www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com

Grammy Staffy said...

I love her.... and I love you too

Tracy said...

This is so sweet, Marie... LOVE her expression... and NO shoes! :o) Happy creating... LOVE YOU LOTS ((BIG HUGS))

Lisa said...

I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is lovely and I think you should do illustrations for childrens story books.

Deborah Raymond said...

I love your art and your dolls. I agree with you about cooking for others. Most of the time in my home is spent in the kitchen.