Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Life Made Us Sisters, Love Made Us Friends



My sister and I have always been really close. She was the very first friend I ever remember having. Sure, we used to fight a lot when we were teenagers . . . you know, about things like clothes and makeup . . . nothing too serious. When it came right down to the line . . . we supported each other in everything. When my last marriage broke up, my sister was the only one who was there for me, supporting me. I love her to pieces. Life made us sisters, but love indeed made us friends.



This latest piece is available as an A4 size print or as a greeting card. The original piece is done in a mixture of water colours, prisma markers, prisma coloured pencils and inks. This would make a lovely card or momento for a sister, daughters, or a special friend.



All artwork is printed on A4 sized Somerset enhanced Archival 100% cotton paper. Cards are 6 inches by 4 inches and mounted on linen textured card, left blank inside, waiting for your own personal message to be inscribed. Printed in Archival pigment inks. Feel free to contact me on mariealicejoan at aol dot com to find out more.



Life Made Us Sisters, Love Made Us Friends . . .

6 comments:

Diane Duda said...

very sweet, marie!
i feel the same about my sister. :)

Pepi said...

Que criaturitas tan tiernas y tan lindas,genial todas tus ilustraciones.Un saludito.

Tracy said...

Just adorable... I feel the same about my own sister. We live far from each other so the bond of sister-friendship becomes even more stronger and important as the years go by. You've captured that specialness in your painting so well! Happy Day, my friend--LOVE YOU HEAPS ((HUGS))

Grammy Staffy said...

How precious. I was not blessed with a birth sister in this life. I have often wished that I had one. However, I have been blessed with dear friends that have become my sisters. I am thankful for that. I am thankful for you.
Love, Lura

Something Marvellous said...

These are all so cute! I read the comment you left on Small House's blog. I am in a small branch too and served in YW as the President for 4 years (2 of the years with no help). It was a struggle and was sometimes very frustrating that I just wanted to stay in bed and not go to church! But when I got called away from YW, I realized how much the girls (though few in numbers) had contributed to my testimony. And I missed them so! And it was WEIRD going back to RS. Good luck!

Billy Coffey said...

Very nice, Marie!