Tuesday, 17 March 2009

A Postcard From Heaven



Postcards from Heaven,
That fall like the dew
Little gifts from God
just for me and for you.

The song of a bird,
the dew on the grass,
the stars in the night sky,
daffodils en masse.

Beauty surrounds us.
We see it each day.
All ours to enjoy.
In God's special way.
~Marie Rayner, 2009


Excuse my cheesy little poem, but it is the way I felt when I was painting this newest piece of mine. I can't help but see God in all the beauty that surrounds me and the miracles that I experience each and every day . . . from the smallest blessing to the largest grace. They are like postcards from a loving Heavenly Father. Isn't it amazing!! We are NOT alone!



This latest piece is available as an A4 size print or as a greeting card. The original piece is done in a mixture of water colours, prisma markers, prisma coloured pencils, and inks. This would make a lovely gift for a special friend or loved one.



All artwork is printed on A4 sized Somerset enhanced Archival 100% cotton paper. Cards are 6 inches by 4 inches and mounted on linen textured card, left blank inside, waiting for your own personal message to be inscribed. Printed in Archival pigment inks.Feel free to contact me on mariealicejoan at aol dot com to find out more.

6 comments:

Kath said...

Awww this is beautiful Marie.I love the little bird chirping on the branch and what a pretty blue you have used on the dress and ribbons,i adore polka dot.Your verse is wonderful too.You are one very very talented lady.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

mystele said...

your work is just lovely.

Gloria said...

is absolutely lovely and nice and I love the poem too!!!xxxxxxGloria


Love all you make Marie, the recipes, the draws and when you talk us about things!! xoxoxo

Leonora said...

Marie, I ran across your site linked from Clare Grant's 3BT. Your outlook on life is beautiful. "Praise God from Whom all blessing flow..."
Your sweet characters remind me of my daughters.

Grammy Staffy said...

I say each new creation is my favorite..... but can't they all be my favorites? I love this one. She is so sweet and I love your poem that goes with her. You are so amazing and creative. Such talent!!!!

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.