Tuesday, 3 March 2009

Side By Side

"When I have opened my heart to a friend, I am more myself than ever."
~Thomas Moore




When you are with a friend of the heart two minds work as one. When one gets weary, the other one willingly steps in to carry, or lift, or pull . . .



Though good times and bad times, friends carry the day. I think that God made them love in that way . . . Side by side in the journey of life . . . they enjoy wherever the journey takes them, together.



This latest piece is available as an A4 size print or as a greeting card. The original piece is done in a mixture of water colours, prisma markers, prisma coloured pencils, and inks with scrap book paper accents. This would make a lovely gift for a special friend, a friend of the heart.

All artwork is printed on A4 sized Somerset enhanced Archival 100% cotton paper. Cards are 6 inches by 4 inches and mounted on linen textured card, left blank inside, waiting for your own personal message to be inscribed. Printed in Archival pigment inks.

Feel free to contact me on mariealicejoan at aol dot com to find out more.

4 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

I love them.... looks just like us.
You are so talented. I can't wait until you are world famous.

Tracy said...

This is sooo cute, Marie! Is that you & me?! ;o) Your are my twin-friend, you know! I love the playfulness of this scene and the colors! Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Lisa said...

Hi Marie. I found your blog thru Meet Me in the Kitchen. I saw you little sunny flower and had to follow her to see where she took me. So happy I saw her. Your illustrations are absolutely the best. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll. I cannot, CANNOT get enough of these illustrations!!! What a great blog too!! Lisa

Nancy said...

Hi Marie...

Just a hello from Calgary, Alberta. Thanks so much for "following along".Your little painting/drawings are wonderful...so endearing.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Nancy