Saturday, 10 January 2009

She danced to her own music . . .



Dancing with the feet is one thing,
but dancing with the heart is another.
~Author Unknown


As I worked the other day this image of a little girl dancing came into my mind. As a child I loved to dance and sway to music, and even now, when I am on my own, I often let the music I am listening to carry me away and for an instant I am a child again and I am dancing with my dreams.

To watch someone dance is to hear their heart speak . . .



Available as a print or as a greeting card. All artwork is printed on A4 sized Somerset enhanced Archival 100% cotton paper. Cards are 6 inches by 4 inches and mounted on linen textured card, left blank inside, waiting for your own personal message to be inscribed. Printed in Archival pigment inks. Feel free to contact me on MarieAliceJoan at aol dot com if you would like to make this your own.

5 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

I just love her.... except for her brown hair she reminds me of my Lonica dancer. She is darling. I love all of your work but she might be my favorite.

Tracy said...

Oh, this is ever so sweet, Marie...She is adorable! You've done a super job here..love all the pink! Like Lura, I think this one might be my favorite off all...But I think I say that each time, right?! LOL!That's just what I looked like in my ballerina dreams as a child--LOL! Love that quote at the top too. :o) You've got the sweetest heart of all, my friend. :o) Love you! ((HUGS))

Rhondi said...

I love the sweet expression on her face. She looks adorable all in pink. I love the pure joy that pops off the page on this painting. It makes me smile too!

Ruthanne said...

I just love her! I have written a book named "Dancing in the Rain" and love the thought of dancing with your heart. She is absolutely precious - just like you!

Love, Ruthanne

CLAY said...

Excellent style! So whimsical and creative! I am your follower now.

Cheers,
Clayrn Darrow
M.IV