Saturday, 13 September 2008

She Had a Heart of Gold



Here's my latest piece. I call it "She Had a Heart of Gold." I love how it turned out. It's been done on an 8 by 8 inch boxed canvas in acrylics and the sides are painted and trimmed with gold and brown polka dots. No need for a frame for this one. You can hang it straight away. I just love the little sparrow talking to her on the window sill as she sits there in thought. I like think that her heart of gold goes a lot deeper than that gold necklace around her neck . . . it must do, or the bird wouldn't be so comfortable sitting there so close . . .

I'll be placing the original for sale in my Etsy shop later on today.

5 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

Your work is lovely...

Becky

Diane Duda said...

Very sweet!
My dad is home and feeling good. Thanks for your well wishes. :)

xo
di

Oma aka Meme said...

what a lovely blog and
thank you for your blessing (cmment " on my blog
huggles me, Meme from Canada

Aroma Fields said...

Your sketchings are absolutely adorable! I'm so glad I found your blog.

glanbrydan said...

Love the pictures!! Theyare really pretty