Monday, 28 July 2008

Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious



Here's a little painting I recently did for a friend of ours who is leaving our green shores to move back to America. Nicole from "The Poppins Blog". She is a lovely American girl who has been living and working over here as a Nanny for the past 18 months. OH, how we are going to miss that gal!! I tried to capture the essence of who she is in this . . . part adventurer, part nurturer, part whimsical, part impish. We gave it to her yesterday at her going away "do". She loved it and that made me really happy. She has always held a little piece of my heart anyways, and now she has something tangible to show for it.

5 comments:

Raquel said...

She is beautiful, Marie! I am sure that your friend will treasure her forever! you do fantastic work! Much love - Raquel XO

jenjen said...

I love your paintings Marie! You are very creative and talented.

--Jennifer

vanessa said...

I really love your style and paintings. Very sweet and deliciously beautiful.

em's scrapbag said...

You've done a beautiful job. Your artwork is delightful.

Charmingdesigns said...

I love it!! Laurie