Friday, 6 June 2008

For Dad



Just a little something I have done for my dad for Father's Day. I call it "The Hug" My dad took me everywhere with him when I was really small and before my sister and brother came along. He's always called me the apple of his eye. He probably calls them that too, but when he says it to me I feel like it's a name just for me. He has always believed in my art talents and has carried a painting I did for him of a winter scene when I was about 17 years old with him everywhere he has gone in these past years. He always displays it with pride in a prominent place in his home. I reckon it's about time I did him another one, don't you?

2 comments:

cyndi/mom/nana said...

This is beautiful. I especially love the story of your dad calling you the "apple of his eye" and the fact that he takes the picture with him everywhere that's awesome. I lost my dad when I was ten years old. I love this picture because of the shadow and how you know they are always with you no matter where you go. I love your work. cyndi

Tracey said...

What a wonderfull gift for your dad,
Thankyou so much